The music of Jake White is unique and inspiring. About half of his music is made up of highly-visual, unique, jaw-dropping guitar instrumentals. The other half is thoughtful and inspiring vocal/lyrical music.
As an entertainer Jake is witty and keeps the audience engaged in his performance using stories, poetry, and humor. Jake also plays a guitar which he built, called the “Machine.” This guitar is a double neck guitar/fretless bass. Jake plays the two guitars at the same time. He also has songs in which he plays the drum and guitar at the same time. Two-hand tapping and percussion techniques are trademarks of his style.
- 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City; 2002 Special Winter Olympics; Utah Arts Festival (annually); Utah State Fair; Annual performances at Brigham Young University, University of Utah, and Utah State University; I.A.M.A. (Intermountain Acoustic Musician Association) sponsored concert; various festivals in and around Utah.
- National Performances: Featured musician on T.V. show (Ski Utah special on Food Network); Opening act for: The California Guitar Trio, Matt Nathanson, and Ryan Shupe
- Opening act for, or performed with, big acts in Utah such as Peter Brienholt, Jon Schmidt, Colors, Greg Simpson, Afterglow, and Inside/Out.
- Summer 2001 tour of the eastern United State with E.F.Y. (Especially For Youth Organization). Jake performed for audiences in Florida, New York, and Virginia of up to 700+ people.
- For the past five years, performed Independent shows, and firesides, with audiences up to two-thousand people
Other areas of interest:
- Studied and taught at the national Guitar Summer Workshop in Nashville and California
- Taught with, and studied the music of such guitar masters as David Wilcox, Martin Simpson, Chris Proctor, Pierre Bensusan, and many other International acts.
- Produced, performed, and promoted six CD projects (sold over six thousand CDs in five years)
- Appeared on the E.F.Y. (Especially for Youth) 2000 CD, distributed or sold to over 100,000 people